Monday, September 13, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes

Today was our first full day class.  I'm exhausted, and from the looks on the other teachers' faces, they are too.  However, I'm thrilled with the work that was done today, and the level of maturity we've attained already from such a young group is astounding. 

This week we're discussing Parts of our Body, specifically the hands, feet, head, teeth and skin.  Today we discussed our hands and the many things we do with our hands.  The children listed so many things they had used their hands for just this morning..."to eat breakfast, to brush my teeth, to do my work, to touch the geometric solids" and the list goes on.  Tomorrow we dive into the world of the feet!  We'll do the song "Open, Shut Them" with our feet and we'll also match and roll socks! 

You know you've had a good day when a very young three year old girl walks up to you and says, "Will you please show me another work?  I just can't get enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment