Friday, July 8, 2011

Natural Refreshment

I have two amazing assistants.  Truly amazing.  They have taken over summer camp this year so that I can stay home with baby g.  I had full confidence that they would do well, but they've really blown my mind.  Together with the children, they've grown a beautiful, sensory garden.  The garden has been incorporated into many summer camp activities.  My older children have been attending camp and come home so excited about this garden.  I was told that g ate the entire chive plant out of the garden! 

The other day, I went to pick up the girls and they were enjoying a lovely tea party.  The teachers wore beautiful dresses- one even wore white gloves and a bonnet!  What I thought was the most creative part of the tea party was the use of edible flowers called Nasturtiums.  The children picked the flowers from the garden and froze them in ice cube trays.  The flowers were later used to flavor tea and lemonade.  I wish I had a picture of the group enjoying their refreshments!






No comments:

Post a Comment