Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lucky Day

Now that spring has sprung, the stress to complete the playground has re-surfaced.  If you read my posts a few months back, you might remember my ideas for the nature-based playground.  I'm still fully on-board with the idea and as excited as ever to bring it to life.  I've been pricing out log furniture all over the country (and even our neighbor to the north), but I can't seem to find anything that is even somewhat reasonably priced.  I can't even find a free shipping incentive.

Well, wouldn't you know it, I was out looking for a table for our school's foyer, when I stumbled across A LOG FURNITURE THREE-PIECE SET AND MATCHING A-FRAME SWING.  I just about fell over.  It turns out log furniture is very "in" this spring and many retailers are hopping on the bandwagon.  You know you're following the right path when something you've envisioned for years becomes a new fad the exact month you need to purchase it.  This is what the swing looks like:



I'm considering a trip back to the store later this week to pick up this little bridge they had displayed.  I originally had a little bridge in my plans for the playground, but wasn't sure I'd be able to find one.  This one sells for under $100.  I was planning to place river stones in a little path down to the garden, and place this bridge over the stones.  Children would love to run over this little bridge, imagining that they are visiting far off places:

No comments:

Post a Comment