Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Conferences

We are currently midway through our conference week.  Conferences are exhausting for teachers, but can be absolutely wonderful on the other hand.  We love meeting with the parents and finding out how things are going at home.  I, personally, look forward to the questions that parents ask this time of year.  The questions are so different at the fall conference than at the spring conference.  Parents are so excited and eager to learn about the philosophy in the fall.  I thought I would provide a list of possible questions that parents might want to ask their child's Montessori teacher at conferences:
  • What is my child's favorite work?
  • Does my child interact with children of all ages?
  • Does my child know how to interrupt the teacher appropriately?
  • Is my child able to solve problems independently?
  • What are some of the benefits of staying through the Kindergarten year?
  • Is there anything I can do at home to increase my child's independence?

No comments:

Post a Comment