Sunday, August 29, 2010

Productive Parenting

I stumbled across this fantastic website tonight.  It's called Productive Parenting.  I went through the free membership process to be sure there weren't any hidden fees or charges.  A group of moms created this website as a way to provide simple, age-appropriate activities for children ages infant to five years.  Simply give them some basic info (your name, city/state, child's name & age) and choose the days that you would like to receive your activity ideas through email.  I know that there are some days when I am just too busy to even read an email about an activity, so I chose the days that I would most likely put these activities into action.  After reading through some of their sample ideas, I was pleasantly surprised that many of these games are Montessori-inspired!  I think the goal of this website is simply to encourage parents to reconnect with their kids for a few minutes a day.  Most of the time, any materials needed are found objects around the home.  Take a look at this video and then visit their website to sign up for some free activity ideas.


Productive Parenting Web 158p Video from Emily with Productive Parenting on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment