Monday, September 14, 2009

Working Together for Peace


We read this book today and performed the hand gestures as an introduction to the peace curriculum. I read this little book to the children several times a month in hopes that the contents will eventually move them all in one way or another. Some of the children respond immediately to the words, while others take a few months before they truly understand the meaning. Some of the children choose to memorize the poem, while others choose to create their own peace book. The poem was originally written by one of Gandhi's nephews. You might choose to share these words with your children at home.


I offer you peace;

I offer you love;

I offer you friendship;

I hear your cry;

I see your beauty;

I feel your pain;

This caring flows from my spirit within;

I salute that spirit in you.

Let us work together for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment