- "Sure, you can have some of my snack. There's enough for all of us."
- "Let's see, we've only got ten pieces of snack. That means we can all have three and we'll give 'g' one because she's just so tiny."
- "You better get the doctor kit from the playroom, I'm going to have this baby any minute. We should get packed for the hospital."
- "You'll be a great mother, I can just tell. You're very patient."
- "It's 3:00, that means we have exactly one more hour to play. That's a lot of minutes!"
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
I'm sitting in my family room folding laundry while my two girls are having a play date. They are upstairs in G's room playing doctor. She is with my friend's two children- one former student and one current student. The baby monitor was still on, so I was able to catch a glimpse of their little world without spoiling it with my adult presence. An outsider may not be able to tell that it's a room full of tiny Montessorians, but I can. Here are some things I've heard: