Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pre-Primary Progress

My wonderful husband has been working at the new location day and night trying to get ready for inspection.  It looks like both state inspections will take place in July, so time is slowly slipping away.  The rooms had great, commercial grade carpet, but as every early childhood teacher knows, you need wet space.  Water work, paint, snack, handwashing, mopping, the list goes on.  I found a fantastic flooring that is waterproof vinyl, but looks like hardwood.  I love it so much, I want to rip up all of my carpet in my classroom and replace it with the vinyl plank.  However, my carpet is really glued down and it wouldn't be time-effective to rip it all up, so we're just going to tackle half the room.  We also only ripped up half of the Pre-primary carpet because the little ones spend a lot of time on the floor.  To give you an idea of how hard my husband is working...24 hours later, the moldings are all back on, the tack strips are nailed in, and a tiny 10 in. potty is now installed where you see that drain.  Have I mentioned he's great??


The fencing is coming along slowly, but it looks terrific:



Check back soon for more updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment