Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Few Updates

1. After much deliberation, I've decided to hold off on introducing a computer to the children. Here are my thoughts on this:

  • The bells are already a new addition to the classroom and I don't want to distract from them. This is an essential aspect of the Montessori music curriculum.

  • Most children already get enough "screen time" at home (computers, tv, video games).

  • This year, we have several new students who have just turned three years old. Children of this age need to be manipulating materials, moving about and tending to their classroom.

Don't get me wrong, I do see the importance of computers in the classroom, but I don't feel that now is a good time to introduce them. Maybe next year?

2. A very kind volunteer has chosen to cut paper for the daily calendar activity. Thank you for your help!

3. I finally heard back from the My Montessori Classroom artist and the CD is ordered! I really think the children will enjoy the music as it relates to their classroom.

4. We've reached 300 hits on our blog! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment